Effective date: April 20, 2023
We collect the following types of information about you:
We may ask for certain information when you register for a Service account or correspond with us (such as a username, your first and last names, birthdate, phone number, profession, and physical and e-mail address).
We also collect any messages you send us through the Service, and may collect the information you provide in User Content you post to the Service. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of the Service to you, to correspond with you, and to address any issues you raise about the Service.
If you don’t provide your personal information to us, you may not be able to access or use our Service or your experience of using our Service may not be as enjoyable.
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access the Service through a third-party connection or log-in, such as Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” adding the Cyango application, linking your account to the Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to Cyango. This information could include but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Service. You may also unlink your third-party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third-party service. If you unlink your third-party account, we will no longer receive information collected about you in connection with that service. And if you choose to integrate with a third-party application to incorporate elements into your designs, enhance media, supercharge your workflow or share to social media, we could receive data from such apps (as well as disclose data to such apps). If you communicate with us via social media, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube or Discord and choose to share your user-generated content with us, we may receive information such as videos you’ve created, your photo, your account name and your comments about the Service.
We may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as public sources, social media platforms (like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and other platforms) and third-party data providers and information services. Examples of the information we may obtain from such third parties include your company, company size, job title and seniority, industry and other profile information. We may share your email address or other information in order to obtain and combine this information with information that you provide to us or other information that we collect when you use our Service. We do this to better understand your profile and interests so that we can deliver customized offers and other personalized services to you, such as to serve relevant offers to you via email, chatbots, phone or personalized advertising. You can opt-out of Cyango collecting more data about you from third-party providers to tailor your experience and the messages we send you.
Some of these providers may combine data collected from our Service through cookies, pixels, tags and similar technologies, with email or mailing addresses to which they have access to help us serve relevant offers to you.
If you are not a Cyango subscriber, we may obtain your contact details from a social media platform, such as LinkedIn, or a third-party data provider, so that we can promote our product offerings and subscriptions to you if we think they would be helpful in your role.
We also may have obtained your details from another Cyango user, for example when they have shared content with you.
We may also receive information about you and your engagement with our advertisements from our ad servers, ad networks and social media platforms. This may include the websites you visited before coming to Cyango so that we can determine advertising effectiveness and pay our referral partners.
If you prefer not to have your information used for this purpose, you can opt-out at any time by emailing us at info[at]cyango.com.
We will directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information (please see the paragraph on log file information below) that assists us in improving the Service. For more information on the analytics cookies we use and how to opt out of the third-party collection of this information, please see our Cookies Policy.
When you visit the Service, we (and our third-party partners) will send cookies — small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets Cyango do things like help you log in faster, enhance your navigation through the site, remember your preferences and generally improve the user experience. Cookies also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Service over time. They also allow us to measure traffic and usage trends for the Service, deliver personalized advertisements that may be of interest to you and measure their effectiveness, and find potential new users of the Service.
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other information.
When you access the Service on a device (including smartphones or tablets), we may access, collect and/or monitor one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files that uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in and navigate the Service better. Some features of the Service may not function properly if the use of device identifiers is impaired. Device Identifiers used by Cyango include the Android Advertising ID and iOS Advertising Identifier.
Cyango collects information in order to understand where its users are located for a number of reasons. It helps Cyango to localize and personalize content, comply with local laws, undertake aggregated analytics, understand if its users use Cyango for domestic, business or educational use, improve advertising efficiency and estimate the tax liability of Cyango.
Cyango may collect your precise or approximate location:
We receive content that you create within your Cyango account and media you upload for use within it, such as designs, images, documents, videos, and metadata about your content.
We use the information we collect about you for the purposes set out below:
1. Providing you with the Service: We use the information that you directly give us to provide the Service to you. This includes allowing you to log in to Cyango, operating and maintaining the Service, giving you access to your designs and billing you for transactions that you make via the Service. We also use the information we collect about you automatically to remember information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site.
2. For data analytics: We use information about you to help us improve the Cyango Service and our users’ experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as the total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
3. For data and predictive analytics: We may analyze content, media uploads and activity in your account (such as designs, photos, videos, audio, and search terms) to provide and customize the Service and to train our algorithms and models using machine learning in order to improve our Service. This is carried out with strict access controls and policies in place to protect your privacy.
4. Customizing the Service for you: We use and combine the information you provide us and information about you that we collect automatically and receive from other sources (including information we receive on and off our Service) and combine it with information about the behaviour of other users to make sure that your use of the Service is customized to your needs.
5. To communicate with you about the Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you and to send communications about critical elements of the Service. For example, we may send you emails about technical issues, security alerts or administrative matters.
6. To promote and drive engagement with the Cyango Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you about taking part in our surveys or about features and offers relating to the Service that we think you would be interested in. We also use information we collect about you to make sure that you get the most relevant offers and promotions based on your use of the Service, and your preferences. You can opt-out of these communications as described below.
7. To improve the Service: We analyze information about your use of the Service and your content to better understand how users are engaging with our Service and measure the effectiveness of the Service so we can make improvements and develop our services for users.
8. For advertising purposes: We use information about you, including cookies information and other information we (and our third-party partners) collect from you automatically about your use of the Service, to serve, personalize and measure the effectiveness of advertising on the Service and third-party sites and platforms. This includes showing you advertising we think you might find interesting as well as displaying advertising to potential new users that have similar interests. For more details about how we use your information for advertising purposes, please see Section 4 “Advertising”.
9. Customer happiness: We use information about you, information that we collect or and from within your account, information that you provide to our customer success team, and information about your interactions with the Service to resolve technical issues you experience with the Service, and to ensure that we can repair and improve the Service for all Cyango users.
11. For matters that you have specifically consented to: From time to time Cyango may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you consent to our doing so, we will use it for that purpose. Where you no longer want us to use your information for that purpose you may withdraw your consent to this use.
12. For troubleshooting, error resolution and service improvement: We may need to review your designs to support your request for help, correct general errors with the Cyango Service or improve our services.
13. For matters that we are required to use your information by law: Cyango will use or disclose your information where we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service and our Acceptable Use Policy or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Cyango, our users or others.
Some of the third parties with whom Cyango may share your personal information are service providers who assist Cyango with functions such as:
2. Customer support and customer management;
3. Email services;
4. Hosting and storage;
5. Data analytics and predictive analytics;
6. Data labelling and machine learning;
8. Advertising and marketing services;
9. Domain name registration;
10. Delivery of physical products;
11. Other service providers.
i. Public Posts
Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as public User Content, becomes available to be read, collected and used by the public. When you set your profile to public, or make User Content public, your information becomes publicly available globally, searchable by other users and can be indexed by search engines. If you or Cyango remove information you posted to the Service, copies remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
You may share your Cyango content to your social media accounts, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and others. You should ensure that you familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of each of these services and any privacy settings that may apply to the designs you choose to share on those accounts.
If you are part of a Team, then any information or content that you create in that Team or activity you take within the Team may be shared with other Team members and the Team Owner. If requested by the Team Owner, Cyango may re-assign ownership of any User Content you post in the Team to the Team Owner or to another Team member. You should ensure that any personal information, confidential information, or User Content that you’d like to keep private is retained in a separate personal account.
* Subject to being made available for your team. Cyango collects your links and they may be shared with service providers where required to provide the Services. Once you share a link, it may be on-shared by your recipients.
Cyango may also share, sell or transfer your information to third parties in connection with or contemplation of (including as part of the due diligence process) any merger, acquisition, reorganization, financing, sale of assets, bankruptcy or insolvency event involving Cyango or any portion of our assets, services or businesses. Information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content and other user information related to the Service may be among the items shared, sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. You will be notified via email and/or a notice on the Service if such a transaction takes place and be given notice of any material changes to the way we handle your data under this policy.
If you access Cyango with an email address issued to you by your employer (either a business, non-profit or educational institution), and your employer has established an account with Cyango (or is considering doing so), you acknowledge that Cyango may share your name, email, and the existence of your Cyango account with your employer. If you do not use Cyango in connection with your employment and do not wish for this information to be shared with your employer you can opt-out at any time by emailing us at info[at]cyango.com.
Cyango will also share your information with third-parties in certain circumstances, such as where you consent to our sharing it with a third-party for a particular purpose.
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated such anonymized data with third parties.
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement, police, intelligence sharing and take down services and others in accordance with our Authority Request Policy or where we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to detect, prevent or address fraud, breaches of our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy, harmful or illegal activity, to protect Cyango (our rights, property or intellectual property), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
We partner with third-party ad servers, ad networks and social media platforms (like Facebook and Google) to deliver personalized advertisements (“ads”) on our Service and other sites that may be of interest to you and/or to measure their effectiveness, and/or to identify potential new users of our Service.
Cyango may share certain information with our third party advertising partners, such as your email address, location, cookie information and information relating to your use of our Service, and allow partners to perform a match of your information against information from other third-party networks or sites to serve ads either on the Service or on third party sites (including, but not limited to Facebook, Google and Samsung televisions) and to measure the effectiveness of these ads. We also share certain information with social media platforms, such as Facebook and LinkedIn, to display advertising to potential new users whose demographics and behaviour look like those of our existing users. You can opt-out of having your email matched by emailing info[at]cyango.com.
Cyango does not sell or rent the information we collect directly from you or about you from third parties with these third-party ad servers or ad networks for such parties’ own marketing purposes.
Please note that an advertiser may ask Cyango to show an ad on the Service to a certain audience of users (e.g., based on demographics or other interests). In that situation, Cyango determines the target audience and Cyango serves the advertising to that audience and only provides anonymous aggregated data to the advertiser. If you respond to such an ad, the advertiser or ad server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach.
Cyango cares about the security of your information and uses appropriate safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from Cyango, at all times. However, Cyango cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Cyango or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third-party sites and services that you add to the Cyango Service, such as social networks. Cyango is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
We provide choices about how we process your account information:
1. You can correct, download or delete the data in your account settings;
2. You can request access, correction or deletion of the data Cyango holds on you by contacting info[at]cyango.com;
3. You can opt out of receiving marketing messages in the “Email Preferences” section of Your Account settings here or by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. However, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, and technical and security notices).
Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents Cyango or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Service, and for use in targeted advertising activities by Cyango, including via third-party websites. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Service. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, please read our Cookies Policy or you can contact us directly at info[at]cyango.com.
As described above, we may combine information about you with information obtained from third-party sources to better understand your profile and interests so that we can deliver customized offers and other personalized services. You can opt out of Cyango collecting more data about you from third-party providers to tailor your experience and messages we send you info[at]cyango.com.
The laws of some countries grant particular rights in respect of personal information. Individuals in certain countries, including the European Union, United Kingdom, and Brazil have the right to:
1. Request access to their information;
2. Request that we correct inaccuracies in their information;
3. Request that their information be deleted or that we restrict access to it;
4. Request a structured electronic version of their information;
5. Object to our use of their information.
Should you wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact us at info[at]cyango.com. You also have the right to object to our processing of personal data about you for marketing purposes and we will stop processing data for that purpose.
In some circumstances, Cyango will not be able to comply with your request regarding your personal data. If we are unable to remove any of your information, we will explain why. For example, we may not be able to provide a copy of your information where it infringes on the rights of another user. In some cases, you may have shared your information with third parties, such as by publishing a design on a third party’s website. In that case, Cyango will not be able to delete the information, and you will need to contact that third party directly.
If we are unable to resolve your request, or if you are concerned about a potential violation, you also have the option to report the issue or make a complaint to the data protection authority in your jurisdiction. Where you have provided your consent to certain processing and no longer want us to use your information for that purpose, you may withdraw your consent to this use, although this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Please see the paragraph “You control your account information and settings” for more options on how to opt-out of marketing communications.
Following the termination or deactivation of your user account, Cyango will retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time, and for as long as we have a valid purpose to do so. In particular, Cyango will retain your information for the purpose of complying with its legal and audit obligations, and for backup and archival purposes.
From time to time, we post customer testimonials on the Sites which may contain Personal Information. We always obtain the customer’s consent prior to posting their names along with their testimonials.
Cyango will retain Personal Information we process on behalf of our customers or collect directly from our customers for as long as needed to provide Service to our customers, subject to our compliance with this Private Policy, or as required or permitted under the applicable law. We may further retain and use this Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations; maintain accurate accounting, financial, and other operational records; resolve disputes; and enforce our agreements. We have established internal policies for the deletion of data from customer accounts following the termination of a customer’s subscription to the Service.
Cyango does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Information through our Service. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce our Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information on our Service without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to Cyango through our Service, please contact us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information from our databases.
We may, in our sole discretion, modify or update this Policy from time to time. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will endeavour to notify you by email or by posting a prominent notice on the Sites prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. Your continued use of the Service constitutes your acceptance of such changes to this Policy. If you do not accept the terms of this Policy, you should immediately discontinue the use of the Service.
If you have questions regarding this Policy or about the privacy practices of Cyango, please contact us by email at info[at]cyango.com, or at:
Head of Privacy
Wishes and Intuition Unip. LDA
Rua Circular Norte do PITE, NERE, 7005-841 Évora, Portugal
Our local representative in the EEA is European Data Protection Office (EDPO) with a registered address at Rua Senhora da Saúde n14A 7005-372 Évora, Portugal
The EDPO can be contacted at info[at]cyango.com. If you are in the EEA, data subject request forms can be accessed at http://edpo.com/gdpr-data-request/.